We run a lengths session for our advanced swimmers who are able to swim at least 100 metres.
Age Range: 8 - 14
Price: Post Covid £14 (includes VAT) payable termly or pro rata
Days and Time
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Maximum 10 swimmers in each lane
- Lessons are half an hour
- There are 5 ability groups in the pool
- Continual assessment
- STA or Swim England awards each term
- Focus on stamina, technique, water safety and maintaining the passion for swimming
- All swimmers take part in the National Water Safety week
- Annual Swimming Gala – open to all lane swimmers
- Please note Autumn Term 2020 the above may change dependent on Government and STA/Swim England Covid-19 guidance.
- Please refer to our Covid Policy for more information
Swimmers work towards badges each term and alternate between distance one term and skills the next term.
- STA Shark Series
- STA Advanced Series
- RLSS Rookie Lifeguard - Bronze and Silver
- STA Distance awards up to 1 Mile
Swimmers can stay as long as they want in our advanced classes and if they enjoy the sessions thats great but should you want the next stage I have signposted swimmers to the following Aquatic Disciplines;
Swimming clubs - Bromley Millennium is a good introduction (not to be confused with Millennium Minnows which is a swim school like Aquakids), O'Jays, Beckenham and Bromley Swimming Club are also in the area
Diving -Highgate Diving club run at Swanley Leisure Centre
Water Polo - again a club runs at Swanley Leisure Centre
Synchronised Swimming - I always recommend my colleague who represented GB both as a swimmer and coach and runs a synchro club Tuesdays at Shooters Hill- ABC swim school.
At the age of 16 swimmers can take the RLSS Lifeguard qualification and Swim England Level 1 Swim Assistant. I love it when Aquakids swimmers return as Aquatic Helpers and assistants - so keep that in mind once they are in Year 10.
Aquakids also support Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.